Teach your students programming by letting them have fun creating and playing their own games. Kodu is a visual programming language made specifically for creating games. It is designed to be accessible for children and enjoyable for anyone. The programming environment runs on the Xbox 360, allowing rapid design iteration using only a game controller for input.
Teach programming, problem-solving, and more with a creative environment
Kodu provides an end-to-end creative environment for designing, building, and playing games. Programs are created on the Xbox 360 or PC, using either a game controller or keyboard/mouse actions, allowing rapid design iteration. Students create a range of terrains, worlds and characters, controlling the characters’ movement, sound and vision using an intuitive icon-based language. Once created, games can be shared and accessed by others. Use the easy-to-follow tutorials to quickly become Kodu experts. Programming has never been so easy for children.
Kodu helps students learning programming and other skills in a fun way:
- Explore the “behind the scenes” of game development
- Demonstrate learning through creating a game
- Revise concepts taught in various learning areas
- Improve critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Improve student collaboration and cooperation
- Inspire confidence in programming skills
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- A graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0 and Shader Model 2.0 or higher
- .Net Framework 3.5 or higher
- XNA Framework 3.1 Redistributable