Windows® 7 makes a teacher’s “technology life” easier. Now, using your PC is more visual and intuitive, so everyday tasks are easier to do. The PC starts up faster. The desktop can be uncluttered with a click. Finding a particular picture, a Microsoft Office PowerPoint slide deck, or lesson plan all happens faster. You’ll quickly discover shortcuts to the things you use the most.
Organize the classroom—and your day
Windows 7 gives teachers and students a better way to get things done. Use the advanced search filter and Jump Lists to find your classroom documents faster, and the taskbar to quickly see and select what you want. Download desktop gadgets like dictionary/thesaurus, unit converter, astronomy center, a to-do list, and more. Compare documents or web sites side by side with the new Snap feature, and create desktop Sticky Notes for class reminders. No matter the subject or task at hand, Windows 7 will help you simplify and streamline your school day.
Organize your computer and take the school day head-on:
- Search your computer faster and more efficiently
- Increase daily productivity and become more organized
- Share and stream class documents, videos, music, pictures and more
- Create a fun, yet functional desktop with customized themes, gadgets and wallpapers
- Compare documents/websites side by side in a snap
- Collaborate and edit documents quickly and easily
- Preview open windows, all at once, so you can see and select what you want—fast
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit); for the download version, an additional 3 GB is required
- Media drive: DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
- Connectivity: Internet access (fees may apply)
- Sound card: Music and sound require audio output
- Video card: DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or later driver
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.