Ukraine_Iryna Fridman_Using IT in the project "Roots"
Uploaded on 2/29/2012
- Development of student creative potential and critical thinking; Education of personality, able to solve life problems
- Foster collaboration with people of different age; Improvement of students ICT skills; The improvement connections of generations
- Preservation of historical memory and cultural heritage; To save the memory of victims of Nazism; The national-patriotic education
21st Century Skills
Knowledge building & critical thinking
Global awareness & civic literacy
ICT for learning
Problem solving & innovation (creativity)
Electronic white board
Project based learning (PBL)
For many years the students of Ukrainian school studying subjects of the Jewish cycle take part in international trips “ Masa Shorashim (roots)” around Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania for the purpose of familiarization with the history and culture of the Jews of Eastern Europe.
To prepare for this trip, as well as to create educational systems that:
- introduce the basic elements of patriotic education of schoolchildren and their parents,
- lead to an awareness of their responsibility for the historical past,
- to understanding of necessity to preserve historically-cultural heritage and to establish links between generations
- to the formation of consciousness in present generations about honoring the victims of Nazism, respect and care about them
The teacher Fridman I. developed the educational project “Roots” that covers a number of different forms and methods of work: from educational and cognitive activities to research and search work, as well as activities involving representatives of different generations. The realization of the project provides a wide use of information technologies.
The project “Roots” is created to provide understanding of the most important periods of Jewish history up to Holocaust, help project participants link generations, reveal the contribution of Eastern European Jews to Ukrainian heritage, Israeli State and the world culture.
Along with this, the project develops creative potential of students, improves their ICT skills, educates personality, critical thinking, problem solving skills, collaboration between peers and other generations. Participating in this project student get important experience and practices, can maximally reveal and use competencies necessary in XXI century school and adult life.