What SongSmith does is it generates music to match a students voice. The students goes into the program and chooses a rhythm to match a singer’s voice. You can use your computers microphone or an add on and start singing. Once you have completed your song by singing into the microphone, then SongSmith cleverly creates backing music for you. That song can be saved and shared with students, friends and family, posted online, or even used to create your own music videos.
I have yet to meet a student that didn’t like music and this a way to engage students using their interests. The opportunities are limitless! This covers all of the learning styles, auditory, kinestestic, and visual so it can work with students who have various learning styles.
How can your Students use this Program with academic lessons?
• Creatings songs for math lessons
• Write lyrics about literature taught in the classroom
• Multiplication facts
• Create raps songs about anything academic to remember facts
• Use for music lessons
• History dates and facts
• Poetry lessons
• Use to show “Multiple Means of Expression and Engagement” in the Universal Design for Learning Concept
• Use as a reward system for students
• Create commercials and Podcasts
• There is so much more you can do…let your students get creative!!
Try it in your classroom. Just log in to pil-network.com, click on “resources” (in the menu at the top of the page), then “free tools”, then “Songsmith”.